- American Council on Education
ACE, the major coordinating body for U.S. higher education institutions.
- American Association of Community Colleges
The primary advocacy organization for U.S. community Colleges.
- American Federation of Teachers
The AFT was founded in 1916 to represent the economic, social and professional interests of classroom teachers. It is an affiliated international union of the AFL-CIO.
- Colleges and Universities
This site provides easy state by state access to the web sites of community colleges, four year colleges and universities throughout the United States.
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
CIEE, a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization, is a leader in international exchange programs and related services.
- Education Resource Organizations Directory
This site from the U.S. Department of Education identifies organizations that provide information and assistance on a broad range of education-related topics.
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
Resources for students, scholars, educators and university or college advisers as well as research on international education issues. A description of the Fulbright Program includes application information.
- International Education Service (IES)
IES assists students in finding an appropriate college or university in the U.S. The site includes a listing of universities and colleges interested in attracting students from abroad as well as information for educational advisors.
- NAFSA: The Association of International Educators
NAFSA promotes exchanges of students and scholars to and from the U.S. The association provides professional education and training and acts as a forum for sharing ideas on international education.
- National Education Association (NEA)
Information about public schools and the issues they face, including reviews of pending legislation, from the association representing the concerns of public educators.